The Google Nest Thermostat™ can be added to your Frontpoint system, giving you control over your Nest thermostat(s) directly through the Frontpoint app and MyFrontpoint.com. With the Nest thermostat connected to your system, you will be able to control the thermostat's target temperature and mode (Heat, Cool, Auto, & Off), create Scenes, and automate your thermostat based on system actions or events.
To use these Nest thermostat features on the Frontpoint app and website, the thermostat must first be added to your system. To learn how to add a Nest thermostat to your Frontpoint system, click here.
To learn how to create Scenes and automations with your Nest thermostat, click the feature name below:
- Design Custom Google Nest Thermostat Scenes
- A "scene" controls multiple devices with the press of a button based on the pre-configured list(s) you create. With Scenes, you can simplify a bedtime routine, "returning home" ritual, or whatever other scenario your family might want to simplify and automate. Enhance your smart home with a Scene that automatically changes the temperature or mode of your Nest thermostat.
- Automate your Google Nest Thermostat based on system actions or events
- Make your Nest thermostat more intelligent and responsive to events that occur by setting up event-triggered Automation Rules. When configured, your Nest thermostat can automatically change its mode or target temperature based on a change in system state (arming/disarming) or Smart Door Lock activity.
- To create a Rule with a Nest thermostat, a Scene that includes a Nest thermostat must be created first.
For help changing the temperature or mode of the Nest thermostat, please refer to the instructions below for using either the app or website...
Control the Nest thermostat's mode and temperature with the Frontpoint app:
- Tap Thermostats on the homepage of the Frontpoint app.
- Tap Mode, tap the preferred mode you'd like to set (Off, Heat, Cool, or Auto), and then tap Select.
- Tap the arrow or arrow to set your preferred temperature for the Nest thermostat.
**If the Nest thermostat is set to Eco mode, the mode on the Frontpoint app will show the Nest thermostat set to "Auto" mode**
Control the Nest thermostat's mode and temperature with MyFrontpoint.com:
- Find the Thermostat section on the homepage of MyFrontpoint.com.
- Click Mode.
- Click the preferred mode you'd like to set (Off, Heat, Cool, or Auto).
- Click the arrow or arrow to set your preferred temperature for the Nest thermostat.
- Click Preset and select a pre-configured mode that corresponds to modes from the Nest app.
**If the Nest thermostat is set to Eco mode, the mode on MyFrontpoint.com will show the Nest thermostat set to "Auto" mode**
If you cannot see the Nest thermostat option in the Thermostat section of the Add Device menu on your account, Product Specialists are available to chat. Just look for the blue chat bubble in the right-hand corner and ask for help adding a Nest thermostat.
Google and Google Nest Learning Thermostat are trademarks of Google LLC.
Article is closed for comments.