The Display Hub+ can optimize the energy usage of the Wireless Light Control, Outdoor Smart Plug, or Smart Light Bulb to turn them Off or DIM them to a set level (if the device is dimmable) during selected peak energy usage hours. Both the month and the hour of the day can be customized for when "peak" energy consumption goes into effect to maximize your energy savings with these devices. These automatic actions can also be customized to occur only on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
To optimize the energy usage of your system's smart lights and plugs, follow the instructions below:
- Tap the drop-down menu button to access the settings tray on the Display Hub+.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Smart Energy Optimizer.
Select your preferred starting month, ending month, starting hour, and ending hour to set the times when energy use peaks. The energy optimizer actions will be enabled during these times.
- Tap the WeekendIsPeak check box to turn on the energy optimization actions only on the weekends.
- Tap the pencil icon to select your smart lights or plugs and choose to either turn them off or dim the device during the previously set peak energy use hours.
- Tap the back button to return to the settings menu.
- Tap Advanced Settings and enter your master code.
- Tap Master Settings.
- Tap the check-box next to the Run Energy Optimizer setting to enable the energy optimizer to execute based on the settings selected in the steps 4 and 5.
Article is closed for comments.