The Duress User Code is a User Code that is entered on the keypad, sending a silent signal to Frontpoint’s monitoring station. The system appears disarmed, but the monitoring station is alerted of an emergency and immediately dispatches the police, bypassing the Emergency Contact list.
From the home screen of Myfrontpoint.com:
- Click on Users on the left menu
- Click on the Actions button at the top right and click Add Duress
- Enter in a name for the Duress Code
- Type the desired 4-digit code in the box at the top or click the Generate Code button to have a code randomly created
- Click on the toggle button under Security Panels to add the Duress User Code to the Panel
- Click Save
Note: It is important that duress codes not be tested or input into the system other than case of a true emergency without first alerting Frontpoint. Our monitoring station WILL dispatch the police WITHOUT calling you first if this code is used to disarm your system.