The duress user code is used to create the appearance of a disarmed system while sending a silent alert for emergency response. When the duress code is entered on the Keypad to disarm the system, a silent signal is sent to Frontpoint’s monitoring station.
When the duress code is entered, your system will appear to disarm, but the monitoring station will be alerted of an emergency and call for dispatch, bypassing the Emergency Contact list and calling the police immediately.
Note: It is essential that duress codes not be tested or inputted into the system other than in the case of an actual emergency. Our monitoring station WILL dispatch the police WITHOUT calling you first if this code is used to disarm your system.
From the home screen of Myfrontpoint.com:
- Click on Users on the left menu.
- Click More at the top right and click Add Duress.
- Enter in a name for the Duress Code.
- Type the desired 4-digit code in the box at the top or click the Generate Code button to have a code randomly created.
- Click on the toggle button under Security Panels to add the Duress User Code to the Panel.
- Click Save.
Article is closed for comments.