The Smoke & Heat Sensor requires two Panasonic CR123A batteries. No other battery type or brand can be used.
When the battery power is low and a replacement battery is needed, the Smoke and Heat Sensor will beep and flash a yellow light every 48 seconds for up to 7 days and also notify you via the Frontpoint App or MyFrontpoint.com website.
To install the batteries: Remove the sensor from the mounting plate and remove the old batteries. Install the new batteries and remount the sensor to its mounting plate.
After replacing the battery, re-test the sensor functionality by following the below steps:
- Before performing the following steps to test your Smoke and Heat sensor you will first need to put your account on TEST mode. This will avoid having the monitoring station call you for the alarm you are about to set off.
- Click here to log into your MyFrontpoint.com website
- Scroll down to “Monitoring Status”
- Click the pencil icon
- Toggle Non-emergency Response Mode to On and set the duration of time you require to perform your test
- You can now proceed with the alarm test
- Press and hold the large test button in the center of the sensor. Verify the red LED is flashing and that the alarm ramps up to full sound.
- Verify that your control panel has also alarmed
- Disarm your panel