Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS) is a computing standard protocol that allows for the easy setup of secure wireless home networks. It allows devices to be easily added to a secure home wireless network without having to manually enter a password. Your router must be WPS capable for this to work.
Note: WPS can be used any time, even if the camera is still mounted and a new router is being used. WPS can always be used to initiate a wireless connection between the camera and the router.
Please follow the below steps:
- Bring your camera near to your desired location but wait to mount it.
- Connect the camera’s AC power adapter and plug it into a non-switched outlet. The camera will start booting up and the LED should begin flashing red. After a minute or two the LED Indicator camera will begin to flash white.
- Once the camera is flashing white you will have to press and hold the WPS/Reset button on the back of the camera until the LED changes to a flashing blue, then let go of the button. This should only take a few seconds. The flashing blue LED means the camera is in the WPS mode.
- After the camera LED is flashing blue you will have to press and hold the WPS button on the router for 5 seconds. Each router is different, the WPS button could be located on the top, face or back of the router. It may be labeled WPS, or it may have a symbol such as a lock or two arrows going in a circle.
- Once both the camera and the router are in their WPS modes you will have to let the devices sit near each other so they can connect. This process can sometimes take a couple of minutes. You will know it has completed successfully because the LED on the camera will go to a solid green.
- Once the LED on the camera is solid green you will need to finish adding the camera to the account by going to http://MyFrontpoint.com on a computer browser and log in with your Frontpoint username and password.
- From the homepage of Myfrontpoint.com
- Click on the Video tab on the left menu,
- Click Settings in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Click on Click Here to Add a Camera to this Account if it is the first video device being installed. If you already have a video device on the account, click Add Video Device. The camera should be listed or can be found by entering in the MAC address, which is located on the back of the camera.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding the camera.
Note: If an “Upgrade and Install” button appears, click the button to upgrade your device. Wait until the progress bar reaches 100%. Do NOT unplug the device from power while it is performing the firmware update.