To ensure sufficient WiFi signal, complete these steps with the camera near its final location but prior to mounting
For this setup method, you will need a smart phone, computer, or tablet with Wi-Fi.
Please follow the steps below:
- Bring your camera near to your desired location but wait to mount it.
- Connect the camera’s ADC power adaptor and plug it into a non-switch outlet. Wait 2-3 minutes for the LED to start flashing white.
- Login to the Frontpoint app on your mobile device:
- Tap “Add Device” in the left-hand menu.
- Select “Video Device”
- Tap “ADC-V622IR-WELL”
- Follow the on-screen prompts until the installation is successful
- Once the installation completes, verify that the camera is generating video feed. Check in the app or by going to MyFrontpoint.com on a computer’s internet browser.
- You can now power down the camera and install it in its final location using the included hardware.
- During the app setup, you will be asked to temporarily connect to a network name that resembles ALARM (XX:XX:XX). The Xs are the last six digits of the camera’s MAC address, which is located on the back of the camera or on the packaging.
- Depending on whether or not firmware updates are available, the installation may take up to 15 minutes. Do not unplug from power during this upgrade.
- The LED lights on the camera will change during installation. When the LED is solid green, it has successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- From MyFrontpoint.com, you can also change more advanced camera settings such as resolution.
- If you are having issues connecting the camera to the account, power cycle the camera. A power cycle is done simply by first unplugging the power jack from the camera and then plugging it back in to restore power.
- If issues persist, try resetting the camera to factory defaults.
Alternative Setup Methods:
- If your premise does not have wireless internet or the camera will be located near the router, you can connect the camera using an ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi. For full setup instructions, click here.
- If you are uncertain of your Wi-Fi credentials (network name or password) and your router has WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) enabled, you can connect the camera to your network using WPS. For full setup instructions on this alternative setup method, please click here.
Article is closed for comments.