Ethernet installation for your Premium Indoor Camera is a good option if the camera will be near the router and will not be moved. You can also use the Ethernet Installation to setup the camera and connect it to Wi-Fi later. Please follow the below steps:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the router and the camera, then the camera’s AC power adapter and plug it into a non-switched outlet. The camera will start booting up and the LED should begin flashing red. After a minute or two the LED Indicator will change to green, wait for the light to stay solid green.
- If the LED is not solid green after a few minutes:
- Power cycle the camera.
- Try a different Ethernet port on the router.
- Once the LED on the camera is solid green you will need to finish adding the camera to the account by going to http://MyFrontpoint.com on a computer browser and log in with your Frontpoint username and password.
- From the homepage of Myfrontpoint.com
- Click on the Video tab on the left menu,
- Click Settings in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Click on Click Here to Add a Camera to this Account if it is the first video device being installed. If you already have a video device on the account, click Add Video Device. The camera should be listed or can be found by entering in the MAC address, which is located on the back of the camera.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding the camera.
Note: If an “Upgrade and Install” button appears, click the button to upgrade your device. Wait until the progress bar reaches 100%. Do NOT unplug the device from power or Ethernet while it is performing the firmware update.
- Once the camera is connected to the account you will be given an option to Set Up Wireless Now or you can select Later. If you do not connect it wirelessly the camera will not function if the Ethernet cable is unplugged.
- If you choose to do the Wi-Fi setup you will be given three options
- Copy Settings allows you to copy the Wi-Fi information from a camera already connected to your Wi-Fi.
- Scan For Networks allows you to have the camera look for available networks for you to select.
- Set Up Manually allows you to put in the Wi-Fi information manually. This is the ideal option for hidden Wi-Fi networks.
- After you have selected your option and the network settings are saved to the camera you will be prompted power off the camera, remove the Ethernet cable and then power the camera back on. After those steps are completed, select Next.
- The camera will reboot and connect to the Wi-Fi network. Once the LED on the camera is solid green again the camera has connected successfully. It can now be unplugged and moved wherever you would like it.