Yes, the Premium Indoor Camera is able to connect to the internet through the Ethernet cable. This camera can also be powered via the Ethernet cable.
If you wish to use the Ethernet to setup the camera, follow these steps:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the back of the camera to one of the LAN ports on the back of the router.
- Connect the AC power cord from the camera into the outlet. Wait 1-2 minutes for the status LED turns solid green.
From the homepage of MyFrontpoint.com,
- Click on the Video tab.
- Click Settings in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click Add Video Device. The camera should be listed or can be found by entering in the MAC address, which is located on the back of the camera.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the camera.
- Once the camera is installed on the account, follow the on-screen instructions to enter your home WiFi information to add the camera to your network. The LED will be solid green when the connection is complete (may take 1-2 minutes).