User Codes can be created with the Frontpoint app to give permanent or temporary access to family members or guests, providing your loved one's or visitors their own custom code to disarm the system or unlock Smart Door Locks. These additional user codes are recorded when used in the panel history, so you will always know who disarmed the system or unlocked the door based on the code used.
Temporary user codes allow for a code to be created for a specific period of time when the access code will disarm the system. A temporary user code is perfect for granting access to your home between certain dates and times, like when you need someone to check in on your home while you're away.
For instructions to create either new user codes or temporary user codes, follow the steps below:
Create a New User Code
- Log into your account on the Frontpoint app
- Tap to open the navigation menu
- Tap on Users
- Tap the + button.
- Enter the user's first and last name
- Tap Create
- Enter your desired 4 digit access code or tap generate code to create a random access code
- Tap the desired panel to assign the user code access to arm and disarm the panel
- Tap Save
Create a Temporary User Code
- Tap the ellipse menu () to the right of the new user's name
- Tap Edit in the Actions pop-up menu
- Tap Time to edit the user's access period
- Tap Temporary Access
- Select the date and time when access will start and end
- The user code will not work outside of this period
- Tap Save
Article is closed for comments.