Get voice control for your Frontpoint smart home system with any Alexa-enabled device, including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show or FireTV Voice Remote.
- Open the Alexa App or website alexa.amazon.com and login with the Amazon credentials associated with Amazon Alexa.
- Click the skill tab in the left side drawer
- Search “Frontpoint” in the search bar
- Tap the Frontpoint skill
- Tap enable on the skill card
- Login with your account credentials and click Allow. If the login is a success, you will see the confirmation screen. Tap the “X” to leave the confirmation screen.
The Frontpoint skill supports lights (on/off and dimmer), thermostats (no auto mode), security panel (arm, query state), garage doors (close, query state), locks (lock, query state), and cameras (pan-tilt, record a clip).
Examples of Alexa commands:
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to check if the Garage Door is closed."
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to close my garage doors."
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to switch on the office light”
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to turn off the lights”
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to set the office light to 70 percent”
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to lock door in the front"
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to set the living room thermostat to 75 degrees”
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint what the AC is set to?”
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to arm stay"