Your Frontpoint system can be linked to Amazon Alexa to help you control your system. Connecting with Alexa enables you to enhance your home automation by bringing voice control to your Frontpoint system. Voice control is supported for your Frontpoint system with any Alexa-enabled device, including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show or FireTV Voice Remote.
The Frontpoint Skill Supports:
- Wireless Light Control, Outdoor Smart Plug, or other compatible light device control (on/off, dimmer)
- Frontpoint Smart Thermostat control (temperature change, on/off, no auto mode)
- Security panel control (disarm, arm stay, check status)
- Garage door control (close, check open/close)
- Smart Door Lock control (lock/unlock, check state)
- Indoor Camera, Outdoor Camera, and Doorbell Camera control (manually record a clip) and Premium Indoor Camera control (pan-tilt, manually record a clip)
Examples of Alexa Commands:
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to check if the Garage Door is closed."
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to close my garage doors."
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to switch on the office light”
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to turn off the lights”
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to set the office light to 70 percent”
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to lock door in the front"
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint to set the living room thermostat to 75 degrees”
- “Alexa, ask Frontpoint what the AC is set to?”
- "Alexa, ask Frontpoint to arm stay"
Connect your Frontpoint Account to Alexa
1) Open the Alexa app and login with your Amazon account credentials.
2) Tap more in the navigation menu
3) Tap Skills & Games
4) Search for “Frontpoint” in the search menu
5) Tap the Frontpoint skill
6) Tap enable in the Frontpoint skill menu
7) You will be prompted to login with your Frontpoint account credentials.
8) You can now choose to allow Amazon Alexa to access some security features, such as disarming your system, unlocking doors, and opening garage doors.
- Note: if you deny access you will still be able to arm your system and control other home automation devices
9) If you choose to allow access to security features, you will be prompted to create a PIN. The pin can be different than your Access Code used to disarm the panel with the Keypad or Touchscreen.
- Alexa will ask for this pin before taking actions by voice command such as disarming the system, unlocking doors, and opening garage doors.
If you are struggling to connect your system to a voice assistant, Product Specialists are available to chat. Just look for the blue chat bubble in the right-hand corner and ask for help with your preferred voice assistant.
Article is closed for comments.