The Recessed Door Sensor is made up of two pieces: a magnet and a transmitter, which you install in your door and frame, making the sensor almost invisible. Before you start, make sure you have the following handy:
- An electric drill with a 7/8-inch spade drill bit suitable for the material of your door
- A ruler or straight edge
- Masking tape
- A pencil
Make sure the control panel is within 100 ft. of the door you are mounting the sensor in.
- With the door closed, choose the location near the top of the door on the handle side to install the sensor. Use a ruler and a pencil to mark the location. This will ensure that the transmitter and magnet will be aligned when the door is closed.
- Open the door and transfer the line to the inside of the frame and the side of the door. Measure the frame and side of the door and mark the middle to create a crosshair where the transmitter and magnet will be installed. This will ensure that the pieces are being installed on the centerline of the frame and door.
- Measure 1 9/16-inch from the flat base of the bit’s tip as pictured below and use a piece of masking tape to indicate this measurement. Now, it’s time to drill the hole into the doorframe for the transmitted, stopping the drill when you’ve reached the masking tape. Clear out any sawdust in the hole and insert the transmitter.
- Drill a hole roughly 3/4-inch deep into the door for the magnet. Insert magnet into hole.
Article is closed for comments.