The Smoke and Heat Detector works around the clock to ensure the customer is protected from heat damage. Paired with our monitoring, it is the key to peace of mind.
Manufacturer/Model Number: Interlogix RE114
Dimensions: 4.7 x 1.8 inches (12.0 x 4.6 centimeters)
Battery: Two Panasonic CR123A
Battery Life: 5 Years
Weight: 7.36 ounces
Compatibility: Simon XT Panel, IQ Panel, Frontpoint Hub
Operating Temperature Range: 40 °F to 100 °F
Smoke Sensitivity: 1.95% to 4% OBS/Foot
Heat Detection Fixed: 135 ± 5°F (57 ± 2°C)
Smoke Sensor: Photoelectric
- A common hallway shared by multiple bedrooms
- In a central room in the home.
- If the appliance is in a room not normally used, the smoke alarm can be placed just outside the room so that the alarm will be heard more easily.
Where Not to Place
- Kitchen, garage, or room containing a furnace
- Near heating/cooling vents, flues, chimneys, or any other air ventilation openings
- Near a shower or another potentially humid area
- Avoid placing in an area with a large quantity of metal or electrical wiring or near wiring/ light fittings in general
- Near ceiling fans, doors, windows, or other areas exposed to weather
- Avoid dead air spaces, such as the top of a vaulted ceiling, as this may not detect smoke in time to provide early warning
- Next to surfaces that are normally warmer or colder than the rest of the room
- Near a furnace, space heater or hot water heater
- Where dirt or dust could block the sensor
- Avoid very high or awkward areas
- Make sure the surface is clean and dry. If you’re placing the sensor on a ceiling, mount it 4 inches away from the wall. If you're placing it on the wall, mount it 4 to 12 inches below the ceiling.
- Once the wax backing is removed from the adhesive, press the sensor firmly against the wall or ceiling for 30 seconds.
Click here for more details on mounting the Smoke and Heat Sensor.
Troubleshooting the Smoke and Heat Sensor
Click here if you are experiencing any issues with your Smoke and Heat Sensor
Article is closed for comments.