Carbon Monoxide Detector - Master Guide


The CO Detector is a life-safety device that alarms when dangerous levels of carbon monoxide are detected. Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless, tasteless, and extremely toxic gas. The detector can be vital for any modern home. 



Dimensions: 4.7” H x 4.1” W x 1.5” D

Battery: 2x Alkaline AAA Batteries

Battery Life: ~3-5 years

Weight: 5.9 ounces

Compatibility: Simon XT Panel, IQ Panel, Frontpoint Hub

Operating Temperature Range: 40°F to 100°F


  • The device is built to last approximately 10 years. It will send a tamper signal to show End of Life
  • It is not built to be compliant with OSHA commercial or industrial standards
  • Do not obstruct the vents located on the sensor (I.E. drapes, furniture, or other items that could block the airflow)


Placement Recommendations

Any sleeping area or common hallway shared by multiple sleeping areas.

→ In a single room dwelling, it should be placed as far away from the cooking appliances as possible, but near to where the person sleeps.

→ If the appliance is in a room not normally used, the sensor can be placed just outside the room so that the alarm will be heard more easily.

Where Not to Place

→ Kitchen, garage, or rooms containing a furnace

→ Near heating/cooling vents, flues, chimneys, or any other air ventilation openings

→ Avoid placing in an area with a large quantity of metal or electrical wiring


Select a location on a wall at least 2 ft away from the ceiling/corner

Make sure the surface is clean and dry.

Once the safety backing is removed, hold the sensor to the surface firmly for at least 30 seconds.


"My sensor doesn't look like this"

Click on the image below that matches your sensor:


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 14 found this helpful



Article is closed for comments.