The Slimline Doorbell Camera is a 720p camera and comes equipped with a built-in motion sensor, two-way audio, infrared night vision and the ability to record and use on-demand video.
Manufacturer/Model Number: Alarm.com Slim Line Doorbell Camera/ADC-VDB105 or ADC-VDB106
Dimensions: 1.1" x 1.4" x 4.8"
Field of View: 180°
Night Vision Range: ~8'
Video Motion Detection: Detects up to 8'
Operating Temperature Range: -40°F to 150°F
Power Source: 10-30 VAC, 10 VA or 12 VDC 0.5 to 1.0 A (Hardwired into existing Doorbell wiring)
Wireless Communication Requirements: 2.4 or 5 Ghz network, at least 2 Mbps upload speed per camera. Test your internet speed here.
- Existing doorbell wiring must be in place to install and power the doorbell.
- A mechanical doorbell is needed, or a Digital Doorbell Adaptor can be purchased if the existing doorbell is not mechanical.
- Power drill for installation.
Basic Setup Parameters
- Power off the front portion of the house
- Remove the old doorbell (usually mounted with a screw on the top & bottom) and keep the wiring coming from the wall exposed.
- Dry mount the mounting plate to line up holes. Drill if necessary with a masonry drill bit, then screw the mounting plate into place.
- Ensure the mounting plate is secure and will not move
- Connect both existing wires to the screws on the mounting plate. Ensure they are tightly secured under the screws. Polarity is not important.
- Ensure the wires are not crossing over, and are parallel. Feed the wires in the back until the wires are straight.
- Mount the doorbell onto the mounting bracket, and screw in the set screw on the bottom. Ensure a tight fit, and power on the front portion of the house. The camera should power on.
- Allow ~10+ minutes for the camera to charge and boot up. The LED will flash Red/Green when ready to start the in-app setup.
- Proceed to the "Add devices" menu in the Frontpoint app and select "Doorbell Camera".
Article is closed for comments.