The Keychain Remote uses 1 CR2032 coin cell battery that will generally last 3-5 years. Your system is self-diagnosing and the Control Panel will alert you when any piece of equipment reports a low battery as well as that status will display on the home screen of both the Frontpoint app and website. If a Keychain Remote reports the low battery, follow these steps to change the battery:
- With a key or small screwdriver, press the black tab located at the bottom of the remote and slide the chrome trim off.
- Carefully separate the front and back piece of plastic to reveal the battery.
- Replace with a CR2032 battery with the positive side of the battery facing up.
- Re-assemble the plastics and ensure they click together
- Align the notch in the chrome trim with the back of the plastic and slide it back on. It will only go on one way