After you’ve swapped to your new security panel, you'll need to re-add your home automation devices, like the Smart Door Lock or Outdoor Smart Plug. If you are swapping to a Frontpoint Hub and have a Frontpoint Touchscreen, you will need re-attach your Frontpoint Touchscreen(s) as well.
Please follow the instructions below to re-add your home automation devices and/or your Frontpoint Touchscreens.
Add your Home Automation Devices
All home automation (Z-Wave) devices have an internal memory of the security panel they have been paired with, due to this the memory of each device must be cleared before they can be added to your new security panel. (These steps will work for any type of compatible Z wave device*.)
Follow the steps below to clear the memory of your home automation devices:
- From the Home screen of the Frontpoint App, tap the Menu button () in the corner of the app, and then select + Add Device.
- Select Other.
- Select Begin Installation
- Once the system is ready, tap Next.
- Select My Device Won’t Add. This has to be done first in order to properly clear the device of the last panel.
- Select Continue.
- Perform the programming command according to the instructions of your device. See the list below for the instructions for each Frontpoint home automation device:
- Smart Door Lock (Yale)
- To clear the device, press and hold the programming button on the side of the lock until the lock beeps five times when prompted by the Frontpoint App. A confirmation will appear on screen in the App if the lock was cleared correctly.
- To add the device, press and hold the programming button on the side of the lock until the lock beeps two times when prompted by the Frontpoint App.
- Smart Door Lock (Schlage)
- Requires the 6-digit programming code. If you do not have the programming code, it can be found on the inside part of the interior portion of the lock on the piece behind the battery cover but facing towards the door. It will require you to remove the lock from the door to see it.
- To clear/add the device, on the keypad for the lock hit (Schlage > enter the 6-digit code > press 0) when prompted to by the Frontpoint App. A green check mark will appear on the lock to indicate success.
- Smart Light Bulb
- To clear/add the device, turn on the light bulb from the switch when prompted by the Frontpoint App. The light bulb will flash two times to indicate success, sometimes this may take 10-15 seconds.
- Wireless Light Control
- To clear/add the device, press and release the manual/program button located on the either the top or front of the device (depending on your model) when prompted by the Frontpoint App.
- Outdoor Smart Plug
- To clear/add the device, press and release the manual/program button located on the the top of the device when prompted by the Frontpoint App.
- Garage Door Controller
- To clear/add the device, press and release the programming button on the side of the garage door controller when prompted by the Frontpoint App.
- Smart Door Lock (Yale)
- You will receive a confirmation once the device has cleared. Select Continue. Once the system is ready, hit Next.
- Once again trigger your device according to the instructions above.
- You will be prompted to type in a name for the device. After naming it, hit Next and you will have successfully learned in your device.
- Select either Done if only learning in this device or tap Add More if you have additional devices to learn in.
*Note: If you purchased a Z-wave device from a third party please refer to the device's manual on how to clear/add it into the system. If the device is not purchased from Frontpoint or it is not on our list of approved devices (Third-Party compatible products guide), we cannot guarantee proper communication with the Frontpoint system. There are currently no compatible Z-Wave sirens with the Hub, although our Frontpoint Touchscreen has a speaker which helps to serve that purpose.
Add your Frontpoint Touchscreen(s)
If you already had a Hub and Touchscreen and got a replacement Hub, follow these steps below to add your Touchscreen to your new Hub:
- Ensure that your new Hub is connected to your Wi-Fi network. This process should have been completed in the wizard, but you can confirm this by:
- Tapping Security System in the Frontpoint app
- Tapping the gear icon at the top right
- Tapping Panel Wi-Fi at the bottom of the menu to check if the panel is connected.
- If it is not connected, click here for instructions to connect your Hub to Wi-Fi.
- Press and hold the multi-function button on the back your Frontpoint Hub until it beeps and the light turns white on the top, the Hub is now in pairing mode. This can take about 10-15 seconds.
- Ensure your Touchscreen is powered on. It should display 2 options: Reset or Retry. Select Retry once the Frontpoint Hub is in pairing mode and the Hub's LED is white.
- Once the normal home screen appears on your Touchscreen, the pairing is complete. If it does not reconnect, select Reset and make sure you are selecting the same network your new Hub is connected to.
- For example if you have multiple 2.4 GHz networks, the Hub and Touchscreen should both be on the same 2.4 GHz network.
*If you have a different touchscreen from any of the previous panels that is not the current Frontpoint Touchscreen, it will not be compatible with the Hub.