Two-Factor Authentication is an optional method of adding additional security to your online account by requiring a numerical code to be sent to a phone in order to allow someone to login. Follow these steps to set it up:
- Go to the Login Settings portion of the Frontpoint App or website:
- For the Frontpoint App, open the main menu and select Login Information.
- For the MyFrontpoint.com website, click on Settings in the main menu and then click Login Settings.
- Select Two Factor Authentication.
- Select Text Message.
- Select Next.
- Type in the phone number you want to receive the authentication code and select the phone's service provider from the drop box.
- Select Send.
- Type in the code that gets sent to the phone and then select Verify to save the setting.
You will also be given the option to make a particular device Trusted meaning that future logins on that device will only require the password in order to login. Select Trust This Device to enable.
To manage your authenticated devices, called Linked Devices, on the Frontpoint App, tap here.
Note: If you use a website or service that logs in on your behalf, enabling 2-factor authentication will disrupt that service. While Frontpoint doesn’t support or encourage customers to use these, should you want this to work while also having Two Factor Authentication enabled we recommend creating a secondary login with a secure password that does not have Two Factor Authentication enabled.