First, turn the power off, remove the thermostat from the wall, and verify that all wires are properly connected. To do so, confirm that:
- 1/4” of each wire was exposed before inserting it into the terminal
- You have inserted the wire parallel to the wall (going upwards and downwards) and not in a direction that is perpendicular to the wall.
- The corresponding terminal tabs are indented. The wires will not be detected, if not.
- Once the thermostat body has been re-applied, make sure the power is turned back on at the circuit breaker.
If the automatic wire detection feature is still not correctly identifying the wires, please proceed to bypass the automatic wire detection.
- On the wiring detection screen, select NO. The thermostat will display Check Wiring and Reinstall.
- Select BYPASS and continue through the remaining prompts to manually configure the thermostat.
Note: You will need to know the system type, heat type, and number of stages to complete the installation. Please refer to the manual for more information.
Article is closed for comments.