RapidSMS is a new feature that allows customers without an interactive monitoring service plan to cancel or verify alarms via a text message link. Similar to our Cancel/Verify feature on the Frontpoint App, this is intended to allow you to more quickly cancel a false alarm, or request dispatch before receiving a phone call from the monitoring station.
The link will direct you to a webpage that provides a few key features:
- Cancel/Verify alarms
- View what kind of alarm was triggered, which sensor number and name set off the alarm
- Place your system on a test period
- Chat with anyone on your pre and post dispatch call list who has also opened the link
- Request Service, which gives customer supports phone number
- Contact Monitoring, which gives the monitoring stations phone number
- Additional Info, which links you to our online customer knowledge base
When you receive the RapidSMS text message, it will have a link that brings you to a website as seen below. From here, you can cancel the alarm if it is a false alarm or dispatch the police.
From the menu, you can select from the options highlighted above
You can chat with other contacts on your Pre and Post Dispatch Call Lists.
You can select Additional Info to view our Knowledge Base for to learn more about your system.