If a Flood Sensor reports a low battery, we recommend replacing it as soon as possible (although you will typically have a few weeks before completely drained). Please use the below photos to identify the sensor model for which was reported to have a low battery, and refer to the corresponding directions to replace the battery.
This Flood Sensor takes 2 CR2032 batteries and the typical battery life for the sensor is 3-5 years.
- Remove the outer cover by pressing in on the rectangular end on the front pointed end of the sensor.
- Replace the two CR2032 batteries by sliding them out of their metal compartments. Install new batteries with positive ends facing up.
- When complete, please ensure the cover is place back on the front face of the sensor
This Flood Sensor takes 2 AAA batteries and the typical battery life for the sensor is 3-5 years.
- Remove the outer cover by pressing in on the button on one of the short ends of the sensor.
- Replace the two AAA batteries from the inside compartment.
Replace the cover back on the face of the sensor.