Curious about what to expect with your new Frontpoint Hub? Here are a few key differences to get pumped about:
- The Hub’s radio is 4G/LTE, which has specific advantages over the radio in the Simon XT panel such as:
- Higher speed
- Improved quality/reliability of signal
- Expanded coverage
- Will never hit end-of-life from a carrier perspective
- The Frontpoint Hub has Wi-Fi backup, unlike the Simon XT panel.
- Wi-Fi connectivity adds an extra layer of security in case local cell towers ever go down, enabling your Hub to keep communicating with emergency responders.
- The Hub has support for more sensors and devices:
- The Simon XT panel supports up to 39 sensors while the Hub supports up to 80.
- Hub supports all versions of Z-wave protocol so newer home automation devices can be added to your system.
- The Hub has LED indicators to show the arming state which are easily visible from a distance. The Simon XT panel requires you to walk up to the panel to see the arming state.
- The Hub is actively developed by Frontpoint and receives regular firmware updates to improve functionality.
- The Simon XT panel no longer receives updates from the manufacturer to improve its performance and features.
- The Hub supports up to 50 user codes- more than 5 times as many as the Simon XT panel.
- The Hub can support multiple auxiliary keypads/touchscreens in different locations around the house. The Simon XT panel doesn’t have any auxiliary devices available from Frontpoint.
- The Hub allows for bypassing sensors remotely. This can only be done manually on the Simon XT panel.
For FAQs from previous Simon XT owners who made the switch, read here.
For a general refresher on key features and benefits of your system along with how the Hub works, read here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.