Curious about what to expect with your new Frontpoint Hub? Here are a few key differences to get pumped about:
- The Hub’s radio is 4G/LTE, which has specific advantages over the radio in the IQ panel such as:
- Higher speed
- Improved quality/reliability of signal
- Expanded coverage
- Will never hit end-of-life from a carrier perspective
- The Hub has support for more sensors and devices:
- The IQ panel can only support up to 59 sensors while the Hub supports 80.
- The Hub supports over 3.5 times as many Z-Wave devices than an IQ panel- allowing you to add up to 242 devices on a single panel.
- The Hub supports all versions of Z-wave protocol so newer home automation devices can be added to your system.
- The Hub has LED indicators to show the arming state, which are easily visible from a distance. The IQ panel requires you to walk up to the panel to see the arming state.
- The Hub is actively developed by Frontpoint and receives regular firmware updates to improve functionality.
- The IQ panel no longer receives updates from the manufacturer to improve its performance and features.
- The Hub can support multiple auxiliary keypads/touchscreens in different locations around the house. The IQ panel doesn’t have auxiliary devices available from Frontpoint.
- The Hub allows for bypassing sensors remotely. This can only be done manually on the IQ panel.
For FAQs from previous IQ panel owners who made the switch, read here.
For a general refresher on key features and benefits of your system along with how the Hub works, read here.