Connect up to eight Frontpoint cameras to your Smart Chime, improving their connection stability if placed far from the router. Follow the steps below, depending on if your camera is new to your home or already installed.
If your camera is already attached to your system prior to setting up the Smart Chime, the camera must first be removed
- Log into the Frontpoint app on your mobile phone.
- Tap the navigation menu ().
- Select Manage Devices.
- Find your camera and tap the Options () button.
- Tap Remove Device.
- Re-confirm that you wish to delete by pressing Remove again.
- Power cycle the device by unplugging the camera from its power source, waiting a few seconds, and then plugging it back in.
- Follow the steps below for “New cameras”.
Follow the instructions provided in the camera’s box to add your camera to the system. If you no longer have the instructions, please click here to access all of our camera manuals.
IMPORTANT: When selecting the final network for your camera during the digital setup, choose “Chime (XX:XX:XX)” listed at the top of the page under “Access Points”. (The X’s are indicative of the MAC address and will vary.)
When the Smart Chime’s “Devices LED” (below) becomes solid your camera has successfully paired.